Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This would be perfect for the mantle...

Truly difficult; that's how it has been for me to pull myself away from the local antique stores of late. I have been imagining my future living habitations, and I can hardly keep myself from snatching up little nifties and photographs to adorn those welcoming walls. This past weekend, I went to a friend's birthday dinner, in her new house, which she had just the day prior, moved into. It was lovely. Very relaxed and cheery. The kitchen was just as I had imagined someday inhabiting, cozy, with vintage cooking utensils and seeming relics adorning the walls, as if they were appreciated on a daily basis. There was a breakfast nook, and tea lights (sunken into delicate glass teacups) strewn about in a few select places throughout the house and yard. There were twinkle lights of all nationality, hidden amidst the branches of the shady trees. It was a beautiful set-up, and it made me jealous to think of all of the relaxing evenings which must be spent there, and all of the light bugs who must happily make their summerly visits.
[A highlight of the evening was surely the ice-cream cake on which was written (for our Australian friend), "America, Fuck Yeah!"]

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Macleigh February 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Ah! Thanks. Who is this, might I ask?

About This Blog

This blog has been created in the name of remembrances and sharing. With the right amount of care, it should provide recently tried recipes, crafts, daily comings and goings and, overall, reflections on life. A few rants may take place here, and therefore, consider yourself forewarned.

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP